PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways DEP Selection - THE lowdown Part 1
Old 16th Jan 2008, 04:47
brit bus driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edited before posting to add.... basically what randomair said.

Folks.....for what it's worth, do not get bogged down in the intricacies of the 744. As others have said, spend your time focusing on how you might deal with a particular scenario; they change daily, as do the routings, but the basic premise of aviate, navigate, communicate holds true (apparently). I had never seen the inside of a 747 - 400, classic or otherwise - and did not spend every hour God sends on MS Flight Sim. They are not looking for 747 pilots...my performance proves that, believe me!

Get there in plenty of time; square away the key points with your oppo such that you look like a competent team when the instructor comes in rather than a couple of f*ckwits. Above all, don't sweat it and don't compete with one another. As randomair said, if you pork a particular element, move on. You don't know what they are or aren't looking for, so don't try to second-guess, just get back on the bike and keep pedalling. Though, be warned, at times you'll have to pedal f*cking hard!!

Good luck all....see you at T5.