PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Pilots to ballot for strike over OpenSkies
Old 16th Jan 2008, 00:29
The Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

So Human Factor "you are not expecting public support so going on strike is not an issue!" Tell that to the thousands of passengers you and the other members of BALPA are going to inconvenience by taking strike action which you seem hell bent on doing. Those passengers pay your wages . Life is tough in the airline business as you know so do not weaken the good that you and others have done in the past couple of years to get BA back up on it's feet.
I think Riverboat and 757 Flyer have put across some good points and perhaps it would be in keeping with your professionalism as a BA pilot if you accept that we all have opinions and not everybody necessarily agrees with you.

OpenSkies should be a stand alone airline without the baggage (pardon the pun) of BA mainline working practices and management.

I do not know the full history of the Qantas /Jetstar scenario and I have not heard of any threatening noises from Qantas pilots. If I am wrong about this please enlighten me.