PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blimey! If I'd have known this I might not have bothered with the UAS
Old 16th Jan 2008, 00:01
Magnersdrinker

Well i have a freind whos about to leave 6th form at the moment , he asking me about joining up and as a groundie i have no idea on what pilot training requires,but he wishes to join the RAf as a pilot but has some reservations. Ive done my best to tell him what its like . he has 10 GSCEs and 4 A levels all in the goodies like maths english physics all that good stuff. Vison tested 20/20 and medically very fit , Footballer and all that.He has been and got an initial interview and has good chance o fmaking it to selection.He is wary of the latest things about the RAF ( i said nothing ;o) hehehe ) but so wants to fly , i suggested the UAS as he is in Liverpool and I believe there is one near there. Unfortunately i dont know nothing about being a flyer. I said id ask about on info as i dont want him going into a careers office blind only to join up as a chef cause they need chefs that week. Any ideas from the flyers amongst us or should i get him to join here and ask questions from proffesional guys before he commits.

any ideas ,UAS is that the best way to go through pilot training or private