PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON - 6
Thread: LUTON - 6
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2008, 22:51
ebenezer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But what would a LTN ATCO know . . . . .
I know nothing, anyway whatever i post there will always be 'something' wrong
Now, now children, let's not have temper tantrums otherwise you'll be kept in after school...
I appreciate most of LTN's traffic comes from South of the airport, but I know a lot of people from the likes of the Milton Keynes, Northampton and Wawickshire area that use the airport for their LCC travel. I wonder if any of this traffic will be going up the M6 now?
However, it's as easy from MK to LTN by simply taking the Railair Link coach.
Actually, all that RYR is doing is re-opening its base at Birmingham. Undoubtedly, this will boost passenger numbers there but it didn't have that much effect on Luton previously when the airline had a much larger presence, so whilst there might be some impact, on its own it'll probably be marginal. As for taking public transport, there is indeed a very good hourly direct train service from Milton Keynes to Birmingham Airport which takes just 45 minutes. The Rail/Air coach link to Luton Airport on the other hand takes 55 minutes to an hour (and that's before they start the M1 widening between Junction 10 and Junction 13). Faced with the sort of disruption and traffic jams that are probable (and the temporary closure of some junctions) during the work I think this is more likely to make Luton's passengers from Milton Keynes, Northampton, etc., who prefer to drive to the airport, go north to the likes of Birmingham, East Midlands and even Coventry.