PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Amusing and curious incidents as a passenger.
Old 15th Jan 2008, 21:33
PaulEMB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My First post here - but from a selection of anecdotes, I think the best ones are the ones you share with a friend or colleague -

In 2001 I visited Morocco, and flew from Lisbon to Casablanca with Regional Air - when I booked, I thought it was the French version, but it turned out to be the Moroccan one.
The outbound flight was without incident, apart from climbing over the suitcases in the aisle in the Beech 1900.

The return was from Casablanca to Malaga, with colleague from work who was not a good flyer - we were in the first row of seats, and after the F/O loaded the baggage we were off - the cockpit door remained open during taxi and the first stage of take off, but we were a bit disconcerted when on the threshold of the runway at Casablanca, the F/O reached across to press a button on the main panel, only to see the PIC slap him on the back of the hand, and say the equivalent of "Don't touch that!".

The cockpit door shut during takeoff, and the crossing of the Med was uneventful, until our approach to Malaga appeared to be a bit low - luckily, we were the only SLFs who could hear the messages from the cockpit - I convinced my colleague that the "Terrain, Terrain" noises were normal.

I guess the F/O had a few black marks for his check flight.