PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways DEP Selection - THE lowdown Part 1
Old 15th Jan 2008, 17:49
randomair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks,

Well as far as the routing goes it changes daily, just as the assessor sees fit.
So it would be pointless to tell you the exact route. When I spent my weeks in front of flight sim I focused all my attention on the south/central England, going into or out of the BA bases. (there's only so many places a 747 can go). Maybe in the sim you wont fly out of gatwick or heathrow at all, but its always good practice.

The raw date practice on flight sim was a help but the main thing I focused on was how I was going to run the operation. ie. when was I going to hand over control, call ops, get wx, NITS briefs, PA's etc. And what would be prudent to include in the briefs, bearing in mind that your going to be flying with someone that is used to different SOPs.

What did I do differently?....well i've got more experience than the first time I did it so thats got to help. My sim was a long way off being perfect but I took things as they came, didn't get too pis*ed off if I made a mistake, stayed safe and didn't stop communicating(well tried not to).

There is no new info in my post really, as it's already on this thread, but hopefully It will keep the faith alive!

Good Luck!

randomair