PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Close air support at its finest, from the squaddie's perspective
Old 15th Jan 2008, 13:55
Cyclone733

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Like-minded,

Korea was a victory. Iraq, if you're reading the news, is a victory. I don't see how we can lose Afghanistan either.
The United States, North Korea and China sign an armistice, which ends the war but fails to bring about a permanent peace. To date, the Republic of Korea (South) and Democratic Peoples' Republic of Korea (North) have not signed a peace treaty.
taken from the Unitied States of America Korean War Commemoration website. Not really what I'd call a victory, will a US force still be required in another 50 years?

Face it, Europe is so risk averse (look at your economy and cradle to grave welfare) and so casualties averse (NATO yuks) that America firepower, aggression and leadership is just something you'll have to accept.
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank American leadership for the sub prime mortgage issue and this years financial slow down. Also if someone had sat down and formed a coherent plan for the aftermath of the 'shock and awe' maybe we'd not need to still be talking about CAS and could get back to good old defence cut backs

C