PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I believe he's holding it the wrong way round
Old 15th Jan 2008, 13:14
Al R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mike,

Puhhlease. No one likes a smart arse.

rockape2k7,

Sutton Bank. That takes me back. I remember being confused on an FT navex one night ('89), when I realised that Land of Nod Wood had become Land of Nod stumps without anyone telling me or updating the map. Good lesson that one.

I was the last on that intake to get out, shame really. After 20+ years I was just starting to get the hang of things. And lasted the longest too I think. One went AWOL from Cyprus and was discharged after being caught by the police escaping from the MGR at Uxbridge in those powder blue denims. He took over the family business but is now a train driver making 36k for sitting on his arse. He ran someone over (a jumper) which is sad.

Another is now one of only a handful of people who train police RTA investigators to train others. I saw him on a police camera action type thing dragging a truck driver from his cab and tackling a hoodie, which was good drills. Another wrote a book (he went AWOL too) about his time in 2REP in Africa and that can be found in Smiths still. One got out to sell photocopiers, and then drove a rig out of Glasgow, one went back to University and the couple of others, who knows?

5A had Flynny and Taff Powell didn't it? What about #### (Mark maybe, I forget) Wilkins?