PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Civil Aviation Authorities treatment of Military Aircrews
Old 14th Jan 2008, 22:22
vortexadminman

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Like all the exemptions UK suffers badly.......... apart from the tristar and funbus guys. ME Pilots doing the job in other fields get left out. Dutch and Danish get one pretty much on completion of pilots course,obviously with a return of service. A tonka driver gets what??? Harrier mates.......... sweet FA. So should the preservation rule apply do worse on your course and go to something you can use when you leave? Two pongo Islander drivers passed through here a bit back, who fly multi engine solo IR and they have to achieve hours and a course they pay for to say they can fly IR?? bah humbug all money for agencies etc I'll get my coat. We shold not be talking about dispensations at all should be agreed that RAF/Navy/Army/Marines who complete there course should get a licence simple. Clearly each service would put in place a robust return of service which is fine like any contract in the civvy market ( BA not included). Should not go on as red wine is in and UK really annoys me at mo with its one rule for us and rest of Europe can do whatever.