PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indigo
Thread: Indigo
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2008, 18:14
Hardeep

Careful

Attn ALL Pilots wanting to go to INDIA:

I have been to India on several occasions in search of a job since 2003. My last visit I went to ALL airlines and met with HR and Chief Pilots. I took my resume and added an A320/B737 Type Rating (depending on which airline i was going to) just to see what they would say.

Here's what happened:

SpiceJet - Dont bother. They are full of lies. They told me to get my B737 type rating and they would hire me. 6 months later I went back and wrote B737 Type Rating on my resume, they said "oh, we'll let you know". I'm still waiting for the call. Repeated attemps to call them have not worked.

IndiGo - For all you wanting to join IndiGo, CAREFUL! They were so rude to me in Delhi. THEY LACK CHECK AIRMEN! (INSTRUCTOR CAPTAINS) So it may be up to 6 months before you can actually fly the actual aircraft. By then your type will be invalid! Someone in IndiGo seems to be profiting off of SimCentre. I smell corruption! Ask SimCentre if IndiGo has sufficent Check Airmen. Im sure they will avoid the question.

KingFisher - Same as SpiceJet. Waiting for the call.

Jet Airways - Very nice people. But they want 100 hours time in type due to past bad experiences. Nice job guys, it only takes 1 idiot to ruin it for us all.

Air India - Very nice people. If you can get past security in Santa Cruz. Same as Jet. They want 100 hours time in type.

GoAir - Also very nice people. They WILL hire you! This is the only airline I actually felt I had a chance with.

Just so you know. I have over 2500 Hours with 2000+ Multi and near 2000 JET! If they brushed me off, imagine a 250 hour pilot!

Don't mean to discourage anyone. Im just telling you my experience. If you have an inside connection. Im sure you'll be ok.

In conclusion - India is lacking CAPTAINS not FIRST OFFICERS !!!

GOOD LUCK TOO ALL!!!