PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 14th Jan 2008, 17:53
critter sized

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have to agree with craigJ on this one - surely the Service is looking for an individual who has the capacity to be flexible/adaptable as the situation dictates (after all, best laid plans never survive first contact with the enemy and all that).

As an aside, I too am suprised that a cpl is running a P2 pres - I am sure that the individual NCO concerned was more than capable; however, these sessions were always meant to be fronted by an officer who could give the personal take on selection and training. Or is it a deliberate ploy? I can imagine that the recruiting system could fill each commissioned vacancy 10 times over - therefore there is no need to bother with a commissioned officer taking the session. Indeed, why even bother with the NCO, there must be a suitable video we can stick the poor saps on front of. In fact, why even bother with the AFCO - just download all the info you require and apply on line (or has it already got to that stage).