PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2008, 17:06
Tom the Tenor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nantes, Lorient & Brest from Cork during the summer have got to be winners and in both directions for that matter. Ideal route lengths for the ATRs. If it was up to me I would even try to squeeze in a three weekly to Brussels or Charleroi - the success of the Brussels Airlines flights of a few summers ago shows it can be done so if there any capacity lying around for either the ATR72-500s or the BAe146 it might be a consideration for RE? Of course, RE management may have other fish to fry and maybe the tie up with EI for the longhaul flights ex DUB might be the way to hang on market share on the Dublin route? Hope it works out well for them at RE.

Guess we must not let the day pass without remarking on the departure of the last Malev flight to Budapest from Cork this morning. Last night's inbound MA658 was operated by a 737-800 and in the last week or so there have been a mix of the bigger 737-700 and 737-800 on the route. What an end -adding insult to injury as the loads must have been fairly strong in recent days. A good route to a prominent hub gone - what a balls. Depending on connections at a fine hub like Amsterdam is one thing but having Cork originating pax having to plod through dumps like Dublin and Heathrow not to mention the sham sterility of Stansted is a step too low and in my view Cork is trying hard to ape a lot of the latter more and more.

How many of you noticed the full page CAA ad in the recent Ryanair inflight magazine? It is that overall red thing about Cork Airport Going Places. One place less to go now of course as and from today but worth a few marks for effort. Need a lot more of that kind of thing - that is something Cork can take note of from the snn crowd - Cork and snn all together as one happy family under the benevolent stewardship off the all knowing and all caring Dublin Airport Authority.

My @ss! Is it no wonder Cork has no transatlantic flight to it's name?