PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F/O on a 737 at just 19
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2008, 14:27
FAStoat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F/O on Merchantman?

As someone old enough to know the Vanguard/Merchantman,I dont ever remember Air Atlantique(Mike Collet ,if I recollect) having Merchantmen.Air Bridge Carriers were the last users of the Freighters,after Invicta at Manston.I knew a lot of Air Bridge pilots ,some of whom went on to the Belgians continuing as Freighter Pilots.The point though is that there have been loads of 19 year old F/Os on modern jets.A great friend of mine,but an Ex crabfat,has a Son at BMI who must have only just reached 19 when he passed his line training,and is scheduled to be the youngest Captain.For various reasons,the Attractive F/O seems to get the best chance of an early command still.An F/O I flew with,and very young went on the command a 319 in her early 20s,and may command a 330,unless she has now got kids!!!I think M Mouse might be confusing the Huge Merchantman with the Electra;only a 14 Ton payload but still 4 turning and burning ,which Air Frantic had most of the survivors of.Anyway good luck to this guy,and I hope he can back up his Captain,with some common sense in his hour of need.With the changes of weather now,this will soon happen.