PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 18 years old, off to university this year and wants to be a airline pilot
Old 14th Jan 2008, 09:17
4KBeta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I always think Uni would be a good choice for all, life experiences, and a degree to come out with. Obviously these things don't come free and you are right in assuming this will cost you £12,000 + in debt.

Personally I finished University in June and now I am working for a very large company, which has good links to aerospace industry. And yes I also enjoyed uni a lot!

When it comes down to it, you will have to take a chance at some point. You can either go to uni and look towards flying schools after...obviously degree there as a backup if all doesn't go as planned vs money you have spent to get that bit of paper.

Next you could jump right in, go sign up at OAT and take out a loan for a big portion of that. Were is the rest of the money coming from? Would your parents be happy you possibly putting your name on that amount of money?

For me, I am currently working and still looking to persue a flying career but also have my own questions to answer first

Choice is yours, good luck!