PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Service - again
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2008, 07:57
bealine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi - no I haven't disappeared and no I haven't got the huff with you over the OLCI thread. Indeed, I have taken on board the comments (and similar ones from the other two Frequent Flyer fora I subscribe to) and filtered those back to managers accordingly. (Not that I expect too much notice to be taken, you understand!)

I am very pleased that you have had good experiences - all too often, we notice the bad things but fail to notice the little individual attentions that most staff will provide! I have to say most sincerely that most of the British Airways colleagues with whom I have had the pleasure to work (and mighty Heathrow is no different to Gatwick in this respect) are delighted to give outstanding customer service when they are allowed to do so!

The introduction of technology, unfortunately, impedes our ability to act as we would like - particularly the "Resource Management System" or computerised task allocation! (You will see the ground staff carrying little red mobile phones). The negative aspect of this technology is that teamwork, for which British Airways was justifiably proud and was legendary amongst employers, is being destroyed!

So, there are quite a few of us with old-fashioned ideas then! Long may it continue!