PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANSTON -3
Thread: MANSTON -3
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2008, 22:35
Private Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Manston Websites

For eidfz,catflaps etc,
A few days ago, someone mentioned that pprune was talking about me.
So, I couldn't resist, so I joined.
I am "the chap from TG" who runs the website www.manstonairport.org.uk
I'm not part of anybody's organisation , but as I do a bit of private flying I hang around at TG somewhat.
The website started life purely for information for the private flyer just 18 months ago. Then I started to get "enquiries" and I have been able to pass on a couple which resulted in work. eg, Cargolux and VLM are the obvious.
I got permission from Matt Clarke to add some links for the airport, and that is where we are.
Do I have any more facts than anyone else? Well facts for MSE are like the stuff that comes out the rear end of rocking horses. But.
I had an e-mail conversation with the "charter manager " of VLM on the 28th Dec and at that time he said the Jersey flights are agreed, but contracts were not signed at that point.
As VLM are already involved in regional scheduled flights in UK , I also asked him if they had any interest in flying from Manston to say Dublin. In a word--NO.

Will Kent Escapes survive? Well it is like a shop that is never open. so where will that lead?
Freight is the answer to Manston it is said, and that is the business plan isn't it? Other than a few charters that is it.