PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which airport needs an upgrade?
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2008, 03:34
ramyon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I say hamilton needs upgrade, not just a face lift. After the millions they have put into developing it, they havent increased capacity. runway length is the same, apron area is the same. Hamilton customs can not handle anything more than 1 full A320 at any one time. The airport mangers need to look long an hard about what they have done to the airport. to be hounst in terms of growth theres been all
Really?? I thought Hamilton was one of the more proactive regional airports in NZ in terms of infrastructure development. Haven't they just finished a massive 15 milllion upgrade of it's terminal which has more than doubled it's processing capacity? Wasn't the runway also extended from 1950m to 2195m to allow for unrestricted trans-tasman flights? As I understand it the runway is to be further extended soon to 2700m enabling direct Asian flights. Surprised that they haven't expanded the apron though, no point having extra passenger capacity if there is no room to park the planes....

CAIRNS - Full length taxiways ASAP please.
More heavies than Adelaide and Perth means plenty of back tracks = low Rwy utilisation.
Sounds like an easy fix for Cairns then.. I'm amazed that the airlines haven't been lobbying the Cairns Port Authority to get it done...