PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JQ EBA to sell out new hires
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2008, 22:30
Gnadenburg

Received 92 Likes on 41 Posts
Whether it is Yarpies with residency, expats returning home from the sandpit/Asia (and it won't take all that many to do so - I can come up with 5 names currently showing serious interest in accepting offers that are/were on the table without even trying)
I am surprised more expats haven't taken up DEC positions at J*. And it would seem the money and conditions of service are so attrocious that expat F/O's aren't interested at all.

So I have bailed a few blokes up recently who were interviewed or approached by J* for DEC positions- why did they knock the positions back in the end?

One guy stated professional embarrassment. Seriously didn't consider repatriating courtesy of J* for this reason.

Another felt the lifestyle of Australia is unbeatable. But low cost carriers aren't conjusive to an application of the Australian lifestyle anyway.

The last bloke got cold feet when his monthly pay check ( including annual gratuity ) exceeded the entire nett earnings of a J* F/O for the year- an financial excuse to bail I suppose.