PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 12th Jan 2008, 16:48
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by airborne_artist
b) On a scale of 1-10, how difficult do you think it is for beloveds at home when you're on duty? - On duty, or on operations in Iraq/Afg.? Ops will be hard for families, and very hard for some.

c) Excluding any rises in line with inflation, does pay rise annually? Yes, find the annual tables on the RAF's web site.
Just a couple of comments on A_As post.

Don't just focus on current ops in Iraq or Afg etc. There are still significant periods of absence when you will be away and your beloveds are at home - like Red Flag at Vegas etc. Or even the mundane ops and working hours at home.

As for pay rising annually excluding inflation. This is not a given. The Treasury allow only so much dosh for the pay round and sometimes your position may be targetted for a little more than inflation.

The other pay increase is the annual increment for your rank but this only applies for a number of years and you will eventually reach a ceiling unless you are promoted.