PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Egyptair Joins Star Alliance
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2008, 14:52
kotakota

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airmemphis , please understand I do not have an axe to grind with MS , I have used them many times as have other family memebers . Its just the 'airport' experience which puts one off.
The worst experience of my life was last New Year ( 06/07) when I flew into Cairo to change to Kenya Airways for a flight to Nairobi ( MS flight not convenient hence the need to change terminals ).
The 1 hour wait for a bus to the International Terminal , the demand for baksheesh from the driver before he would let me off , the ordeal of sitting for 2 hours next to the smelliest toilet I have EVER experienced ( and i have spent years flying around darkest Africa ) while a security guard ignored my pleas for info about what was happening to my ticket and passport , the eventual return of these WITH my boarding pass - must be the only airport in the world where you can acquire a Boarding Pass without being present / identified etc - the headlong rush to get to the gate. All totally unnecessary.
They do not seem to have a 'normal' transit system which is a pity as there are many flights to many parts of the world through Cairo at a very reasonable price. I just cannot recommend the experience to anyone because of my history there.
Pity.