PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Egyptair Joins Star Alliance
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2008, 14:34
airmemphis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ODMEA, I would be very interested to know exactly what it is you've been hearing about MS that is worrying you. I can assure you the airline meets all safety and maintenance standards. The performance and work of MS M&E and FOs are accredited by many and the increase in 3rd party work is a testament to this. As for your point about immigration processes I agree that the system is need of modification. I hear that Fraport and CAC are working to rectify this.

Kotakota, The activites of a few bad apples is certainly unacceptable and I will not excuse it. The old age mentality of a state owned company persists at some MS and CAI staff however as with most things in Egyptian aviation this is changing. For example around 70% of MS's F/As are new recruits who receive extensive training centred around high customer satisfaction and safety. There is no doubt there are still other improvements needed, however to discredit or brush aside whats been achieved since 2004 is perhaps unfair. I feel MS's past image plays a major role in this with many just assuming things haven't changed since or only marginally improved.