PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BOURNEMOUTH - 2
Thread: BOURNEMOUTH - 2
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2008, 13:30
loveJet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bournemouth Boom

Flitefone - good point raised. BOU_PAX, I can understand your frustration... but what is more important is BOH remaining un-biased towards particular airlines. I believe that airport marketing has been centralised for all MAG airports at East Midlands, and this could explain the less than agressive marketing activity.

Ryanair (with or without the help of BOH marketing) must consider the following: heavily market the routes in the 'outer' catchment - areas like Southampton, Portsmouth, Isle of Whight, Basingstoke etc. The people in Bmth will probably easily get wind of whats happening at BOH, but Basingstoke folks dont even know there is an airport at BOH!!

Second point: I'm a little concerned as to why Ryanair would bring Nantes and Marseille back despite the services only averaging 50/60% loads last summer; and not re-introducing Madrid or Shannon (loads at 70/80%). Yield arguments aside, this is slightly worrying - there are so many other routes out there craving to be served from BOH and if this 'one' initial aircraft is a 'test' for future additions; they could have chosen far more lucrative routes. All I can think is that NTE trip is sufficiently short to 'contribute' and allow for increased utilisation.

I've NO DOUBT easyJet will want a piece of the pie at BOH in base terms.