PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How do you know you're an Ascoteer?
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2008, 12:30
minigundiplomat

Received 188 Likes on 72 Posts
The AT fleet will always have it's detractors, all fleets do. I attempted to point out that the AT fleet could be better in how it interfaces with it's customers and recieved a barrage of abuse for having the audacity to do so.
Some posters on here have agreed, some have supported the AT fleet. I just want to point out that 90% of the work done by the AT fleet is hard, thankless work, which goes without a hitch because of flexibility and people going the extra yard.
However to just claim that you are without fault shows a lack of flexibility, and leads me to suspect you are in the 10% bracket.
The SH force drops clangers, makes mistakes and lets people down from time to time. This may be our own fault, or due to circumstances beyond our control.
However, the needs of the troops we support are very dear to us. I was merely pointing out that the AT force does not always give that impression.
That may be a perception, and probably is, but it requires a little effort to change.
Whether you do make that effort does not affect me directly, but I would hate to see the AT fleet 'forced' to make changes that could have been made from within.

MGD