PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Amateurish "New" RAF News
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2008, 08:47
ProfessionalStudent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, since we've started to include other glossies in the thread, what about "Spirit of the Air". A bigger load of self-serving irrelevant bilge I've yet to see. I

f the powers that be are trying to enforce "ethos" upon our membership, why is it full of articles of (largely) no interest or relevance to us? It does nothing for me and I would be very surprised if it holds the interest of a 20 year old SAC(T) in the teabar.

As far as I can see, it's full of articles by Gp Capts and Wg Cdrs trying to raise their profiles eg. "The Importance of Logisitics in Today's Expeditionary RAF" by Wg Cdr I M Blunt BA MIPD MRAeS RAF - SO1 B&S(Pol) DLO. I'm surprised you can get people out of the crewrooms for wanting to read stuff like that...

Tripe

And annuver fing...

RAF News - "Prince William is to complete the RAF's six month flying training course in just 4 months.
6 MONTHS? What a bunch of muppets! Why can't they get even a simple fact like the length of flying training correct? If they'd said "...the course which is up to 3 years long in just 4 months" they would have been more accurate. (Bearing mind he is sampling EFT, BFJT and RWAFT...)

And since when have 18 Sqn operated all 40 of the RAF's Chinooks. Bloody amateurs... and so are the editing team of the RAF News....

Last edited by ProfessionalStudent; 12th Jan 2008 at 08:54. Reason: Addition of further rant...