PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Latest Qf Incident,where Will All This End
Old 12th Jan 2008, 08:32
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bushy

The inimitable Professor could only shake his head at this one:

and then there is accident at a WA mine construction site;
“He got wedged there and the other worker could not get to the controls to take the boom down to release him,” Mr ***** said.

“His head hit the top of the building and pushed him over the controls so the other worker could not get to the controls.”

Mr ***** said that there was an override switch on the ground but that the three men on the ground, who he said were from ****** and did not speak English, were not able to operate the switch.
Happened very recently but reflects the pressure on resources, self generated or not we do not yet know, but the lesson is obvious. The deeper the cuts and the shorter the short cuts the closer we all come to this in this new world of corporate arrogance and corporate greed.

QF001 and this recent very very close shave makes 2 strikes, both for different reasons but the same root cause.

I have to travel to the US and other parts at the end of the month to facilitate the purchase of another corporate jet. Trouble is, to get into the haven of one I am now a little no, a lot apprehensive about travelling airlines. Good 'ol United here I come, unless I go the other way on British.

The egg cant be unscrambled but the sale of our National carriers into the hands of corporate brigands was never a rational nor sane idea.