PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2008, 06:51
jayteeto

Location: Liverpool based Geordie, so calm down, calm down kidda!!
Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
You have been on my ignore for over a year but every now and then I weaken and read your posts. Its a free world and because of that your theories (!!) are tolerated by me and others. To be totally honest, really really sorry about this, I think you are a bit of a looney. The reason for that is because I know that your 'kit' was not fitted to the chinook that day and you just will not listen. If you want us to start giving you statements to take at face value, well, I can't type it, I will just think it very hard........... Are you getting it yet???? Concentrate, its easy..........

Note the above, embarrassed is an understatement.

PS. For those not familiar with helicopter operations, this is not rocket science. Low level VFR ops are not airliners in airways. My current heli has a glass cockpit with HSI, OBI and probably MFI, but this doesn't mean I use them. If I select a heading I can remember it without setting a bug or HSI, sometimes I even move the HSI out of the way to declutter the view. This is even more relevant in an old style instrument where you can't get rid of the bars and bugs from the 'screen'. Like many posts on this thread, it is a 'guess' to what was selected on that day. The RNS 252 does give out useful information to BOIs but as said above, I (like others) would often whizz the bugs out of the way to give a clearer view of the screen.

Last edited by jayteeto; 12th Jan 2008 at 07:03.