PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PMA Disclosures Moved to Cranwell
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2008, 05:58
RETDPI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, you may well say that RETDPI, but I'm afraid that our records say different!

I wasn't actually referring to the Bluebell railway Chugalug , but thanks for taking the hook anyway.

(It was a loooong time ago, was partially corrected at a later date, and in another life anyway )

The system got so confused at one time in the late 80's that a brother officer on my unit had a phone call informing him that he was about to be posted AWOL due to another unit reporting that he had not arrived.(First he had heard of the posting which was, of course immediately cancelled -then reinstated , then cancelled again IIRC)
Over that period I was simultaneously posted to and attached to the same unit- and for months , despite my protests, I found myself receiving LOA from two theatres...........
Later on I found that ,according to Innsworth, I was apparently on service in our Embassy in Equador (heaven knows what they made of the correspondence since I was then in Spain). This was corrected only to get a phone call from our attache in Spain, who had been informed by the RAF that I had been in an RTA in Germany and that I was in a "field hospital".
Although not the reason ,this sort of bungling was indicative of the conditions which surrounded my decision to PVR.
Unfortunately, since the Service chose to spare itself the embarrassment of having some unknown sending me a valedictory letter, that opportunity to have a last laugh was missed.

It doesn't look like much has changed.

Last edited by RETDPI; 12th Jan 2008 at 09:08.