PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Missing pulse
Thread: Missing pulse
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2008, 03:36
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
Mmmm, funny thing about the Rivetess...when we were courting, I would often hear her heartbeat -- whilst in a heartbeat hearing position. It stopped quite frequently. When I say stopped, I mean stopped: the sort of stopped that made me jump up and reach for my book of other girlfriend's numbers. But it would always fire up again and go back to just plain irregular.

When we had kids, she entered the mother's race against some of the local sporty type mums. These were very competitive women, yet, without any training, she left them all standing. But with her irregular heartbeat it's doubtful that she would have been able to hold a Class 10 medical.

When I posted on this forum about her reluctance to take any medication whatsoever, unless it was advertised in "Pills for Aging Vegetarians." Folk came back with the dangers of ignoring high blood pressure. Finally, after reaching explosive pressures, she started on the aforementioned tablets.

If I think about the hydraulics involved, I can not come to any real theory as to why this is happening, it just seems impossible that there should be no other symptoms. It might mean she has to head home with me for a full service.

Sheeeeeesh, old age sucks.