PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment IV
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2008, 07:20
jkfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gassolina

well...just incase you still cant get through...this was my experience.
Well it was a crazy process. We were about 96 girls that showed up..no men, would you believe! and it was a bit intimidating..so we were just seated and Nina and Rowena showed up...they are great...so friendly and completely put us at ease. Then it was a whole process of talking about EK and people asking questions..blaah, blaah....then we were asked to wait outside the room after been give our ref numbers for that day! we did some group work..and i was asked to present for my group..which i think is what got me in...after that we were to wait..we were called in and give this slips of paper that said whether you were successful or not...i was so excited to just read the congratulations part...yippee!...after that we were narrowed down to about 25, then we did the English test..which i thought was a breeze but some people still failed..we were then about 19 if i am not wrong and we had to do more group work..passed again and we were down to 13 who went for the final interview!
i was so happy..almost cried!
Final interview was great coz Nina just asked me about my past customer service experience and we just chatted!Then the wait began...
Some people were called in a week..which was quite disheartening..coz you keep hoping and getting discouraged at the same time..you dread checking your email coz if you get the email...you have probably been rejected..and you keep checking that your phone is working in case they call......must say those were the worst 7 weeks ever...well it turned out that they were so late in calling because my twin who had also passed the interview had all the same details as me and they were wondering how it was possible that the same person could have done the interview in 2 different countries-our names are also alike-...but it was all sorted and we got the calls..pending medicals, we leave within a week of each other, which i think is so cool!

Main advice for anyone:
My best advice is to remember the 4 P's of airline interviewing: Professional: in both dress and demeanor, look and act like a business professional.
Poised: Eye contact, posture, the way you carry yourself, facial expression, (think pleasant!) are all observed.
Personable: Interact with everyone that you meet and treat them as if they are the most important person in the room. Genuine outgoing personalities are what they look for.
Positive! Speak well of your former employers, think customer service and safety when answering questions.
Hope that helps