PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Amusing and curious incidents as a passenger.
Old 10th Jan 2008, 22:11
bwinsauer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Curious Things

Ok, first post here! Anyway I do travel fairly often for business into Mexico and have had a few "curious" experiences.

1) I make the flight from San Jose Del Cabo to San Diego pretty often. I always take this trip on the same major Mexican airline. On every departure from SJD we have always taken off to the North. This one time we took off south with a very slow gradual ascent and then if I had to guess, we stayed under 7-10,000' for a very long time. Looking out the window we were following the coast all the away around the southern tip of Baja and then followed it for a very long time heading north. After about an hour we seemed to hit cruising altitude. As I said, I take this flight ALOT so I know the normal pattern into SAN. Anyway instead of the normal turn NE then loop back to SW for approach we began our descent while still over Mexico - looped West over the ocean and went straight in from to the east. Till this day I don't know the why we took this low and odd route but it was very unnerving! Also for some reason, there was no beverage service on the flight when there usually is.

2) Same carrier, same airports. Just loaded in SJD, waiting to push off and suddenly several Federales and airport security rush on to the plane with machine guns!!! The ramp agent approached a mid aged American couple and told them to deplane - the couple was refusing and then another guy a couple rows back jumps up and says that he is thier Lawyer and they are not getting off the plane. Long story short, these people came to Mexico for a gray market adoption of a baby. The baby did not have papers to travel to USA. Still a little scary seeing big men in green uniforms in a foriegn country on your airplane but the couple, baby and lawyer deplaned shortly after.

3) Idiot me left my Ipod on my seat when I went to the head - guess what wasn't there when I got back?