PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic - Wannabes & Recruitment II
Old 10th Jan 2008, 20:33
r.s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Virgin training times
Hello evryone!

This is my first post so hopefully this will end up where i want it to!! i have just been accepted onto a training course with Virgin and am trying to decide if i will commute or find accommodation nearby. i know the days start at 9.30 but they have not mentioned what time they will finnish. Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks in advance

Hi Nicola,
are you asking about commuting from Warwickshire during training or once you're online?

If you want to commute from there while you're training you'll really really struggle. I live in Warks and on a good day it takes me one and a half hours to get to LHR, going to LGW I usually add another hour and a half on top of that as the M25 can be, and usually is complete hell. Add to all that the revision you must do each night to hope to be able to pass the course. I'd advise you to move to Crawley for six weeks!

On the other hand, it's no problem once you're flying, as it's obviously not every day. Most of your flights will be from LHR anyway, and when from LGW you can have a kip on the crew bus round the M25.

Also, you don't always start at 9.30 - a lot of the time you'll start at 8. The days finish when they finish. Once everybody is happy with what has been covered in the day, once all questions have been asked and answers understood. Some days we finished at 4, some days 7 (there were a lot of questions asked in my group).

Good luck with your training x