PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IBM TPM Reset - At a loss
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2008, 16:07
planecrazy.eu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for all that information.

What it is, its the Trusted Platform Module, and i am guessing its a sort of safe store.

I have looked at manuals and all that, and they all say its easy to wipe, but none say how to do it.

I have all the other passwords, admin and supervisor and its my own finger prints, so all those are known.

I have tried emailing lenovo, and the people who make the chip, and so far no luck.

Latest findings show i need to go to a "Bios Utility Update" however where this is or how to get to it is not known or documented.

It doesnt render the laptop useless, however it does stop the use of the advanced security features, which is a pain.

I have heard of that soldering technique, still works but its a little risky in my mind and it wont even solve my problems plus i still have 18months lenovo warranty so i dont want to render it useless.

I am told i can just replace the system board and chip, think i will give that a miss knowing the cost of lenovo products, i bet ebay still demands high prices for such items, thanks for the replys thou, better than any other lenovo and computer forum,