PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Virgin Strike (or not-actually-a-strike) Thread III
Old 10th Jan 2008, 14:10
016FSM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This will interest you

Hey guys, in Richard's letter, he invited us to email him with our views on the pay deal, why we rejected it and what our concerns were. He said that he would read all emails and try to reply to as many as he could. Well, here's the reply he sent to me: (I deleted the first line because it has my name)

Thank you for taking the time to send me your thoughts regarding the cabin crew pay situation.

Our salary package is a competitive one and we can only do what we can afford although, for some this sadly won’t be enough to make them want to stay at Virgin Atlantic. It is however a myth that Virgin Atlantic crew are the worst paid in the industry. This is simply not the case.

I understand that the Virgin Atlantic management team did make themselves available at crew check in areas to find out what the issues were with the previous pay offers. They then restructured the award based on the feedback that they had received from crew. Unfortunately, this last offer was also rejected despite being strongly recommended by the union.

We offer many benefits that other airlines simply don’t. Virgin Atlantics’ staff travel package is the best in our industry and remains so, despite the increases in fuel prices and tax hikes that we have seen in recent years.

It’s really important that we don’t let our customers down during the strike periods. Ensuring we keep the airline flying will also give us the best chance of being able to resolve cabin crew pay.

I hope that despite the issues you are unhappy about, you will feel able to support the operation during the strike dates.

Kind regards

Richard