PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airport Security Complaints & Incidents (Merged)
Old 10th Jan 2008, 13:17
bealine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry Bealine, but I don't agree with your view, much of the security we pax see is window dressing.
I quite agree and I wrote a long letter to the DFT expressing my concerns but, guess what, it went unanswered! I happened to be totally pi55ed off at having a brand new sealed can of Waitrose soup purchased 30 mins before my shift confiscated - what did they think I was going to do, open it stuff it with explosives and weld it up again?

However, the alternative is to let these guys do nothing and face the consequences. You obviously have twigged the dangers from freely available glass bottles and the kitchen implements available at airside restaurants. Any bottle of duty free spirits can become an instant Molotov cocktail in the wrong hands!

At the end of the day whatever the guys in green do, Pruners and Flyertalkers will ridicule them! It's about time you gave them a break - it's a f***ing awful, thankless job that they have been asked to do and frankly, our gallant British Frequent Flyers should be ashamed of the abysmal way they treat them!