PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2008, 13:15
Lear70

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Lear70,

I'm new to this forum. I was curious about the medical. You said that,

"...you have good hearing and good vision", there should be no problem.

Does the medical have any uncorrected vision standards that you might know of? In a earlier post, there was a link to the Japanese medical standards, in Japanese unfortunately:

http://www.aeromedical.or.jp/manual/manual.htm

On the wasinc.net site, e.g., for the JALways FO position, it specifically says: Medical Requirements: Uncorrected near vision maximum of 20/60, Uncorrected distance vision maximum of 20/80, Corrected vision of 20/20 (20/15 prefered), Cholesterol under 200, Height/Weight: BMI of 27 or less(kgs./cms./cms.= BMI).

I am just wondering if the above is the standard, although the requirements for the ANA/JP Express job only specify ICAO State Class 1 Medical Certificate. I have a US Class 1, but can't meet the above uncorrected vision mins

Anyone with any info, please help.

Thanks

--Jepp Revision
Don't know why your post disappeared,,,

Yes, there are AJX uncorrected vision restrictions, I believe it's 20/80.

I got a long packet on JUST the vision restrictions (in English), but it wasn't an electronic document and I can't find the goofy thing. If you really need it, I'll look harder, but your recruiter should have that information handily available.

They're really big on "field of vision" which is an irritating test right after they've dialated your eyes. Make SURE you tell the doctor that you would like to do the field of vision and other tests FIRST, before your eyes are dialated, so you're not blinking from the burning crap they put in them, have dialated pupils, then miss some of the vision field lights (had to retake mine because of this).

Incidentally, I'm not headed over. Long story...

I'm told that there will NOT be any more CA slots for AJX for some time to come, all upgrades will come internally, although with no one taking the F/O slots on the renumeration package they have, I don't know how that's possible...

Good luck to all who apply!