PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Happy Pilots
Thread: Happy Pilots
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2008, 10:41
ekpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apples and oranges

Pilots have to prove to themselves all the time. This a an aviation professional pilot forum and it sounds like a bunch of girls talking about nails, and diets. Why do you always have to conclude on the happiness subject when discussing aviation thread. Maybe a professional pilot happiness network should be formed for those who like to discuss their physiological state of mind. Pilots always seems to conclude every discussion with their happiness level. If one guy is happy in certain conditions who cares, so stop talking about girls stuff and stick to aviation please... Discuss flying conditions, fatigue related situations, airplanes, pay, good things and bad things, but please give me a break with the happiness bs... Stop mixing apples and oranges. When we discuss money or work conditions stick to the point. If the company improves it's productivity by 20% every year and my productivity goes down by 20% it is just normal to talk about facts. Not happiness. That's why managers are degrading pilots conditions all over the industry. Because we are happy... Remember this is a business and when i go to work it is for money, not to know if the guy i fly with is happy...

Typical pilot: I had a bad day at the office and it was not good, i had no support and had to deal with lots of bs... BUT I am so happy, it could be worst, i could be in a worst situation... i need to prove myself i did the right move to come here by telling everyone that when i have issues or a problem, i don't need to discuss ways of improving the situation. All I need to do is convince myself that i am so happy...