PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad - Wannabees & Recruitment III
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2008, 07:12
twentyeight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been reading all the posts, and I'm a little concerned about Etihad management/HR - not only from reading this forum, but also because HR are quite slow in getting back to you, and slack with the whole employment process.

I'm due to start Cabin Crew training at the end of this month (they've changed my start date a few times - I was supposed to start at the beginning of January - this was when I started getting a bit nervous about the company). I've completed all the medicals so I'm just waiting on final approval.

I'm nervous now, because I wonder if they've also put me on hold as well. As far as I know, I'm not. I have not had that 'hold' email that some of you others have had.
I WILL BE REALLY PISSED OFF IF THEY PUT ME ON HOLD! I am definitely not waiting for 3 months or more - I will move on and find something else.

I know not everyone feels the same, and some of you are happy to wait which is fine, but for me any more hiccups are unacceptable.
I realise they are a relatively new airline, and going through a transition phase at the moment, but it is simply no excuse for bad management/HR practices.

I'm really trying to stay positive (I know it may not sound like I am in this post, but I am!), and will go over to Abu Dhabi with an open mind, and ready to work hard. While I've been taking in what's written in these forums about Etihad, I'm also trying not to take on board too much of the negative things (which I'm sure some of it's true, and some of it may not be - a lot of it is subjective, but I want to make up my own mind when I get there) so that I don't go over to Abu Dhabi with a negative frame of mind from the outset.

If any of you have questions about the recruitment process, I'm happy to answer anything I can!

Good luck to everyone!