PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Latest Qf Incident,where Will All This End
Old 10th Jan 2008, 05:40
teresa green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Australian 10/01/08. Mr. John Borghetti angrily reacts to suggestions that QF are putting safety before profit. Well bu@#er me! How could I have got it so wrong? Lets see now: lets start with the cabin crew. No longer a job for life with promotion, no, we will give you a two year contract, no incentives, and don't lets forget the import of overseas C/C who are well intentioned, but whose english could let them down under severe stress, why should they give a tinkers curse, about the company, and cetainly no loyalty, = unhappy cabin crew = unnessary stress = safety factors. Then lets go onto the Engineers. Without a doubt one of the best aviation engineering groups that ever existed. Any airline would jump at the chance to employ a Qantas trained engineer. The current boards answer: to divide and conquer. Put off QF trained apprentices, outsource work to other companies, pension off some of the best engineering brains in the company (quickly snatched up by other airlines) and the blokes and girls they have managed to hang onto, not pay them what they are worth. Arthur Baird would hang his head in disgust. Onto to drivers: why might you ask for the first time in the companys history, are the pilots leaving? Never been heard of before. Their training appears up to scratch, perhaps its morale that is getting them down. Sure the money is better o'seas in some places, but those with kids and parents getting on, don't really want to leave these shores (as us poor bu$#ers in 89 had to) you only have to read the posts on prune and q to know they are very concerned about safety and the future. QFs luck cannot hold out forever, some how pressure has to applied, to get this board to lift its act, or I am very fearful for the future