PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are there many entry level pilot jobs out there?
Old 10th Jan 2008, 00:31
mr.airline

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are there many entry level pilot jobs out there?

Hi everyone,

I am about to start training for my CPL at Paraparaumu later in the year, however im still not too sure about employment after becoming qualified.

Are there many jobs out there in New Zealand or Australia for pilots with just 250 hours with a CPL and a Multi engine rating or would I need an instructors rating to get my initial hours up. I would prefer to just get my CPL + MIR and get my first job either flying freight, glider towing, scenic tours etc etc rather spending an extra 20k for the Instructor Rating.

Also how many hours would you need before you would be recruited by Eagle Air flying the B1900d a/c? Would the employer even consider you if you were a previous "C" cat instructor with just C152 time and a MIR?

One other big question is the Kapiti Aero Club course has changed from a Diploma in Aviation to a Certificate in Aviation. How do new graduates compete against people with a "Degree" in Aviation (massey) for entry level pilot jobs? Would someone with a degree have a big advantage over people with a Diploma/Cert?

Thank you .