PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Aviation & HSBC Question
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2008, 21:33
Adios

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chris,

Yes you have flown off the handle a bit. My research is adequate and my source is the PSL loan officer at HSBC Oxford.

The title of this thread is Oxford Aviation and OAT, not HSBC and Cabair.

Each branch of HSBC that oversees a PSL for their nearby flight school offers different terms. I know HSBC in Milton Keynes are offering as much as £60K secured and I would not be surprised if they occasionally go higher. I should have been clearer in saying your information was not accurate as regards OAT.

HSBC also offers a loan to CTC Wings cadets and they can get at least £60K unsecured.

In conclusion, everything you posted may be true and accurate for Cabair students, but it is not accurate for OAT students.

The only exception I know of to the £50K limit at OAT is for their airline cadets who can borrow up to £60K secured. I didn't see a need to bring that up in responding to the original question, since it is apparent he is a Modular student.

I did miss one question in the original post. I doubt that a student's wife can't get a PSL for him. She might be able to take out a mortgage or home equity loan in her name and let him use the money, but that is not a PSL and it won't be possible if the home is owned jointly.

I must say though, that your response to Dartagnan is spot on. It's too bad this forum's software doesn't let you add certain member's to an ignore list so you never have to read their tripe again!