PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 9th Jan 2008, 20:57
Lpatch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What do you think....

Hi,

Just hoping for some advice. I've been considering applying to fulfill that 'pie in the sky' dream of becoming an pilot in the RAF. Finished uni last where I did a degree in a subject I enjoyed (Film Production) and got 2:1. I did well and even won an award at a festival but it wasn't for me as I didn't want to work freelance. Then I allowed what seemed to be fate to run it's course and I've wound up training to be a primary school teacher. Almost finished training now but it's just OK and I want a job that's GRRREAT!! (as our old friend Tony the Tiger would say). Always been interested in joining the forces as I love planes, outdoors and travel so the RAF keeps coming to mind. I'll be 22 later this year.

If I decided this year that I wanted to apply, what do you think of my chances of becoming a Pilot Officer?

Also,
a) Is there still a shortage of pilots?

b) On a scale of 1-10, how difficult do you think it is for beloveds at home when you're on duty?

c) Excluding any rises in line with inflation, does pay rise annually?

Thanks, Lpatch.