PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Amateurish "New" RAF News
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2008, 20:41
Sentry Agitator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not impressed

I managed to take a look at a copy today and it reminded me of that other 'new' paper of the 90's which died pretty quickly 'The Today'. That too made too much use of fancy colour photo's that were out of focus or too glossy looking. I don't mind the modernistic approach but like some have said it just doesn't feel right.

I also agree that the layout does seem a tad amateurish and that some of the articles are not what we are used to. However, as the saying goes now - 'if you don't like the journey get off the train' and my train stops at the shelf just above the one where the RAF news is placed in my local newsagent.

SaddamsLC I agree entirely - an own goal that we could really do without, particularly as it comes in the same issue that reports the unfortunate incident prior to the Timberlake concert and the potential for a CM as well! or perhaps that was the big plan? Drink too much and you are screwed. I would have thought an internal briefing note or one of those nice little glossy, and no doubt expensive, pamphlets that I'm getting so many of would have got the message across better?

SA