PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Virgin Strike (or not-actually-a-strike) Thread III
Old 9th Jan 2008, 15:30
vs_lhr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another example which is fact and not gossip, is that a few days ago, a crew coming in from HKG were arrested in customs for bringing in THOUSANDS of cigarettes each. All chz crew I believe. A crew line manager was called to be witness and the FSM was also asked to stay behind, so, after returning from a 9 day trip, that sector would have been around 14 hours, the FSM could not then go home. It was over 2 hours later that he was finally able to leave. Does he get over time for that? No, he doesn't, our hours finish at chox on. So if we had a committee of our own, things like that would also be addressed!!
Probably not the best example to bring up. Being detained by authorities is something technically outside of the company's control, in the same way that if I was witness to a crime on the street and the police asked me to go into the station to fill out a statement, I could hardly expect overtime for it. Them's just the breaks. There are no doubt better examples you could cite.