PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which watch do you wear?
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2008, 15:03
HELOFAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ole failthful

I wear inexpensive watches.

If its more than $30 I didnt buy it.

No bling or flash or even emergency locators or built in E6B's or GPS's.

Nope just something that shows the time and date at the same time.

A simple Casio ( anything really, they make great watches ) but I am happy with the newish Casio HD.

Has several international time zones ( important info for ensuring I wake someone up when I do the international drunk dialing ), and a heap of other crap that I dont use, countdown timer, phone number storage... right.. just in case the phone dies.

IT DOES HAVE a great hard case that surrounds the face so that I dont smash the glass or scratch it badly.

It was cheap, around $13 on sale.

The other watch is a Lorus sports, really old has ( as all my watches had done to them ) had the utter crap beaten out of them & they keep on ticking.

No point having something super flash when it gets beaten, dropped, scratched, whacked, the crap shaken out of it, covered in water, fuels, oils & beer from time to time.

And if I had the money for something really expensive I am sure it would not be on a watch.

When was in Vale Colorado a few years back I saw some watches that were up to around $70,000 and a few over that.

I thought I had mis read the price tags & had the decimal place in the wrong spot but after looking closer & going into the shop and asking it was confirmed, it was not a decimal place but a comma.
I had to video a few of them through the window outside just to back it up.

It made me very sad to see that someone can have the cost of my training on their wrist.

Good lord folks, dont they know there are starving students and instructor pilots out there.

Please, give to the poor.

HF