PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 744 Upper Deck Galley Temp Problems!
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2008, 14:00
Juud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi the dog74, different strokes for different folks regarding what job we enjoy.

Regarding the temperature in the UD galley; worked that position for many years and suffered being on the verge of hypothermia many a nightflight. Tried to block the vents with various stickers from the document container over the years, but the airflow from the vents was always more powerful than the glue from the stickers.
Then one day a GE forgot a roll of speedtape in the galley.
Never looked back since. Speedtape closed off the vents very effectively, making the galley liveable. And since I put it up very neatly, most times the GEs would not notice it and I often flew on aircraft that still had my speedtape proudly & effectively in place from a previous encounter.

The company frowned upon the practice (in writing), and in my current position, so should I.
Truth be told, when I do a night round and find a shivering FA on the UD, I get a roll of ducttape from my flightbag, tape off the vent and ask the FA to remove it after landing.
Result, warm happy FA, keen to repay me the favour by going the extra mile for the pax.