PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Inflation Inflation! EK what to expect?
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2008, 11:38
GMDS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No problem with EPC. It's great value, thanks guys.

whereas...

Pilots are no-longer considered professionals but simply hourly wage earners.
Unfortunately i have to agree. But as long as the competition in the region is managed by junior league clowns, backed by silly and ignorant owners, there's not much more in it for us. The poor pilots from these laughable outfits are constantly knocking on EK's door. Why should they up the package then? To replace those defectors, the clowns recruit the more inexperienced or desperate. But even these guys realise, that after a short while, and after increasing their hours, they can knock at this same door .... and the story repeats itself.
Pilot shortage is not that much of a problem for the best in the league. It only stops when the influx stops and this will only happen after a smoking hole when the affected outfit then raises the conditions etc. etc. (see GF tragedy). As cynical as this sounds, it has been proven over and over and no one seems to learn.

So we have to brace for more erosion of our conditions. Which, and i repeat myself, are still pretty good, just as the ops. But that's not a reason to simply accept such an erosion as long as the owners increase profits. Allthough i am out of ideas on how to defend ourselves, i have to admit ......

GMDS