PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cessna, Liberty XL2 or Piper Warrior PA28
Old 9th Jan 2008, 11:07
kalleh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PA28 wins hands down in my opinion. The Liberty although a fine aircraft in many ways is not as "genuine" in the air as is the PA28, or C150/152 for that matter ...(snip)... It requires that you use all controls in the correct manner. The PA28 is similar although it is not quite as sensitive as the Cessna. The Liberty however I found was great for IFR, nudge it into a turn and it stays there, but that's not how I want a classroom to work for PPL training. ...(snip)
Ok, I completely disagree with these statements. The Pa28 is like a locomotive in the air compared to the XL2. The XL is lighter and much more sensitive to turbulence and input. It also requires you to FLY it down to the ground, while in my opinion the Warrior II just lands itself. I have not flown the XL2 IFR, but what I've heard is that it is VERY difficult to stay on the slope in turbulence, compared to the Warrior.

If "genuine" means less responsive and more stable (and less fun ), then I might agree.

(Yes I took my PPL at an unnamed school in Florida, which operates a lot of XL2s )