PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Aviation & HSBC Question
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2008, 10:20
chris-squire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nickmanl - Thank god for some bloody common sense!

Apologies but the post after my last one saying "get serious, whos going to give a guy 55k in this profession". H S B C !!!! I had my loan approved only a month or so ago.

Nick's right, the negativity on here pisses me off. I fully agree with the idea of keeping your debt to a bare minimm and if you're really not sure you can get through the training, get a job and ultimately pay the bank back then don't do it! The fact that HSBC won't lend unsecured anymore so that already says that they've already lost their confidence. Their money is safe so long as it's fully secured so it's not really like they're risking anything anymore. It's great that they've kept the option of deferrment open but don't mistake this for the bank being naieve, they still make a serious amount of money out of these loans being the ONLY bank in the UK that will help finance flight training.

I'm just coming up 22 but even at a young age saving up just isn't an option in my planning. It's not fair on my partner who will want a house in the next few years. I'm very much NOT a case of 'I want an ATPL and I want it now', but rather'I want an ATPL but there are other people in my life to consider'.

Chris