PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Virgin Strike (or not-actually-a-strike) Thread III
Old 9th Jan 2008, 07:43
sign-it-to-your-room

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think with regard to the amount of trips a crew member does each month, that is a very valid point, and nobody will ever understand the toll it takes on your body (no matter how much fun we have) until they actually fly themselves.

I also believe that the reason sickness is so high is because its just so damn easy to call in sick. You pick up the phone knowing that you are going to simply just speak to a voice of someone who doesnt know you and give your payroll number. No questions asked. Then hey presto back to your next trip when you feel ready.
Now back in the day when anyone was tempted to skive (and lets face it we have all done it) we had our rosters wiped for 2 weeks and if we called in fit before the 2 weeks then we went on stand by. Why dont we just bring this back? It would give the company extra standbys each month plus I dont think sickness would be half as bad if people realised that by not going to Mumbai on a friday night, they wouldnt be going to SFO either the following week!

Come on lynch me, I'm ready