PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 28 day check - logged as P1 or PUT?
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2008, 21:29
DFC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All of our club aircraft are Tipsy Nippers, lets say, how does that affect the argument.

Lets say we have two Cessna 172s one has full dual controls the other one has the 2nd pilot CC removed.

How are you now going to log the checkout with the one with only one CC.

Lets say we have a Dragon Rapide and every one has twin ratings, how is the check out going to be logged.
Tipsy Nippers - single pilot, no debate required.

Similar almost for the C172, however, a club could still require a checkout and require it to be done on the aircraft with dual controls.

As for the Rapide, I remember years ago a CFI doing initial multiengine training on one!!!!! Had to have lots of balls, and very quick reactions. He basically said that if the student did not get it correct ie put the wrong boot in, he would close the other throttle and then open both of them or else force land. Not something that would get past the FTO inspector these days.

------------

Again the point is that if it is your aircraft you can do what you like, you can even do no flying for a few hours short of 2 years, then do 3 circuits on your own before taking your nearest and dearest flying.

If it another person's aircraft or a club aircraft then they can say what you must do and you can do it or not fly the aircraft.

-----------

So you stick to your dogma and I will stick with the more enlightened approach. Look on the bright side if I get it wrong you can gloat.
If I was one prone to gloating, I would not have time to post much else. SPIC being a recent example.

Regards,

DFC